Sunday, December 25, 2005

It Kriah-muh taiiii!!!! (It's Christmas Time)

As I reflect upon this holiday season, and look at the many text messages on my phone I realize that I am rich in friendship. Unfortunately, right now I don't have anywhere near the financial resources to give all (or any for that matter) of my loved ones gifts this Kriah-muh season. But they say that It's the thought that count so......

Violator: The last of the stand up guys. The depth of your loyalty, generosity, and friendship never ceases to amaze me. One day (soon), when my real estate empire materializes and you get out of school with your 3 doctorates and your 4 masters we will take VD to a whole new level. Even though, I miss the days of you running around biting chicks on the ass, I'm glad you have found love, dawg. I guess we all have to grow up, eventually. And you got a good one. I see you and her together and it does my heart good. Black Love is some beautiful shit!!! It doesn't need to be said but I'm gonna say it anyway. Whatever, I got you, you got. I appreciate your friendship more than you'll ever know.

Sweet Jones: You are by far the funniest muthafucka I have ever met in my life. In a lotta ways we're different sides of the same coin. The years in Headquarter's have been some of the best year's of my life. You don't know how many depressing days that you made bearable with your own unique philosophy. Rarely, are members of one family born in the same house. I consider you a brother. And know that if you're ever too drunk to walk, I'll be there to carry you (again).

Champagne Shane: Or Donnie Vegas or whatever you decide to call yourself next. Nigga, you are CRAZY. But when you're born on February 7th how can you be anything but crazy. The day I get half of your focus and work ethic is the day I become a trillionaire. You are stubborn, cocky, arrogant and vain and these qualities are precisely what will make you successful at whatever you do. It never ceases to amaze me how you manage to bless me with exactly the right advice exactly when I need to hear it. The Chi ain't ready. I just want to take this time to thank you for your friendship.

You, Chip and Malice are like the brother's I always wanted growing up. So whether we, violating, poppin the bubbly, or sprinklin sugar ... It's 1 for all, all for 1. I dunno I guess we need to come up with a motto. Merry X-mas, niggas.

BAM: Myyy Nigga!!! The Everlistening Ear. There's nothing I can't talk to you about. You don't sugarcoat shit. You let me know when I'm fuckin up. I dissappear and reappear but I've always got your back. May '06 bring you success and prosperity

DFM: Thank you for being a friend. Travelled up & down the road again. Your heart is true you're a pal and a confidante. AND IF you threw a party and invited everyone you knew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say, "Thank you for being a friend!"

I apologize (again) for leaving you stranded in Buckhead on 8/25/02. You are right, "pulling an ex-con off of a Christ freak" is no excuse for not coming to your aid in your time of need. You are right, "what black person hasn't broken up a fight." Seriously, there have been times when I have let you down as a friend and for those times, i truly am sorry. When you needed me this year I fell short. I am awful at comforting people through serious moments of crisis. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. You are still and will always be my favorite chocolate girl from MS.

Flaggs: Oh, the places you'll go. My twin brother. Son of Gooch. One of my closest friends. Although are schedules don't allow us to talk as much as we should whenever, we do speak we always pick up as if we were still in LL6. There's noone that understands my plight like you do. We are peas from the same pod. I've learned more from you than you'll ever know. Watching you unabashedly march to the beat of your own drum machine is a big reason I am who I am today. I know you are a private individual and like to handle problems yourself. Just know that whether you need some one to talk to or need to plan an assasination... I'm a phone call away

PRH: The live wire. Mr. Make it happen. My brother. Your boundless energy and ability to make the most of what you've got are unlike anything I've ever seen. You are a natural born the leader and the day you focus on what you want the world becomes yours. Thank you for being there in my time of need. Don't worry, Hawaii in '06.

EAR: You are a genius and a constant reminder to always follow my dreams. I've told you this before but you saved my life and for that I don't know if I can ever repay you. I'm really proud of you and the success you're having. I consider you my oldest & best friend. There are talks I've had with you that have completely changed the way I view life. I know you're an atheist but you have been the single biggest blessing that The Big Homie has sent to me. It does my heart good 2 see you living your dreams and happy. Know that regardless if you're ni9e, fi5e, 1ne, or 100ndred anything you need from me, just ask. You have my eternal support.

VJB: You are a true friend. You'll never know how many days I was trying to figure out how I was going to eat something besides cereal and you called to go grab a bite to eat. There are too many wonderful things about you for me to list in a paragraph. The day you believe these things about yourself, though is the day it all comes together for you. Remember your past does not determine your future. I'm so glad to see you happy. You deserve happiness, remember that. It's Xmas, biatch.

Goo: I can't believe the amazing woman that you are growing to be. You are the funniest woman alive. Somewhere, along the line you have developed a keen sense of justice as well. Thank you for being my legal defense w/ Mom & Dad. There's shit you can get away saying to them that I could never say to them in a million years. It's been a rough year for both of us. I understand all too well what it is to pursue a dream only to watch everything spin out of control and fall apart. You have to understand that 1) Failure only occurs when you quit. 2) In pursuing your dream you WILL ALWAYS be tested. Learn to take on responsibility w/o feelin guilty. You know you did your best and that's the ONLY thing that matters. The biggest blessings I have ever received have been after the biggest rejections I've seen. Remember this and know this as a truth: THERE IS NO STRUGGLE WITHOUT VICTORY AND NO VICTORY WITHOUT STRUGGLE. You already are a great teacher. Keep your head up high and know that your big brother isn't above kickin a little kid's ass.

To anyone else I haven't mentioned: If I outsourced the task to an Indonesian sweatshop, I still couldn't write all that I needed to express the humility and gratitude for you all being a part of my life. I love all of you, though and your friendship has been canned goods after more hurricanes than you know. Merry X-mas to all of you and may '06 be kind to you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

One day (soon), when my real estate empire materializes and you get out of school with your 3 doctorates and your 4 masters we will take VD to a whole new level.
Ummm..LMAO! This may not be an abbreviation you want to use.

8:54 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home